Tuesday 4 June 2013

Navas excited by City move

By Aaron Leggott

Jesús Navas has expressed his eagerness to finalise his move to Manchester City as he looks set to be the first player to sign this summer:

Navas, who previously turned down a move to Chelsea in 2006 thanks to chronic homesickness, is set to get his chance to prove himself on one Europe's biggest stages. He said:

"It's a good project and it was the moment to make the step. 

It was my choice. I'm very happy with the decision."

Navas in action for Sevilla against Real Sociedad
Official Sevilla Facebook

The Spaniard has admitted that whilst the deal has taken it's time to develop, he is excited at the prospect of playing in the Premier League:

"We've been talking with Manchester City for four months. The Premier League is a competition where the football is very fast. I'm really looking forward to it. Manchester City are making a great team.

"I'm going from Sevilla, which is a very nice place, and I'm going to a great club in England. I wanted to continue growing there and they've put a lot of faith in me and I want to continue doing well there."

As a pacey and direct winger, he is sure to add a different dimension to a new era at Manchester City following the departure of Roberto Mancini last month.

And with Manuel Pellegrini expected to replace the Italian soon, Navas has heaped praise upon his potential new manager:

"I don't know Pellegrini personally, but I've heard good things about him. He's a great coach."

So, what are your thoughts on the Blues' new signing? Leave your comments below!




Remember to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.

You can also follow Aaron on Twitter: @aaron_leggott


(c) The Sky Blue View 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment